Author Topic: Mini Printer  (Read 5442 times)

zayante

Mini Printer
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:03:49 AM »
I need to print events using a mini dot matrix printer. What type and brand will work with the TM100MD-2424+? Do I need to run an initialization string to set up the rs232 port?  ???

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Mini Printer
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 12:49:27 PM »
You need a serial printer that has RS232 interface. Most serial printers operate at 8 data bit 1 stop bit no parity. So you need to change the PLC's comm port #1 to the same by running the command:

SETBAUD 1,3

during the 1st.Scan initialization routine. If your serial printer has different settings then you need to change the SETBAUD parameters to match that of the serial printer.

You also need to make sure that you use the right cable. If  the serial printer is designed to work with a PC with straight  cable, then you will need a male-to-male null modem in order to connect to the printer.

Note that once you have changed the baud rate you will need to change that in the TLServer in order to talk to the PLC via COMM1. But we recommend using COMM3 (RS485) together with an Auto485 adapter to do programming and therefore dedicate COMM1
to serial printer only.

You can check the SETBAUD table in your T100MD+ user's manual page 1-16 and 1-17. A copy of the user's manual can be downloaded from the following webpage:

http://www.tri-plc.com/downloadmd.htm

To set the baud rate back to factory default, use

SETBAUD 1,6,

or simply turn off power to the PLC and turn it back ON. The SETBAUD is volatile so power reset will take it off (of course if you have the SETBAUD 1,3 statement in 1st.Scan custom
function then that won't help because the 1st.Scan will initialize it and turn it to 9600 bps.) so you need a function that will reset the baud rate back to default 38400 bps.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

zayante

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 02:02:04 PM »
 :)Hi thanks for the info for setting up my printer. I can use help in a custom function that will print out the date and time on my mini dot matrix printer.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 04:14:26 PM »
Please follow the examples in the "clock.pc5" program that you can find in the \TL5\usr\samples folder to
format the real time clock dates and time parameter, and
instead of displaying them on the LCD, you send them to the
serial printers.

There are many other examples in the folder:

"C:\TRiLOGI\TL5\usr\samples"

that you may find useful.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

zayante

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 04:43:17 PM »
 ;DYes This Work for me thanks a lot for you help.