Author Topic: TL Server Version 2 WinXP  (Read 6473 times)

RobertK

• I Know Nothing!
    • View Profile
TL Server Version 2 WinXP
« on: May 18, 2005, 03:09:24 PM »
I can't get TL Server Version 2 to run in windowsXP.  I have just got a new computer and have installed the TL software on my computer.  The icon for the server turns up on my taskbar, but it won't run.  No error messages. It just changes the mouse pointer briefly and then stops.  It worked great on an older win98 computer.

Can anyone help?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TL Server Version 2 WinXP
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 10:42:07 PM »
Most likely because you have installed JRE 1.3.1 from your CD but the PC comes with JRE 1.4.2 and therefore you have overwritten a new JRE with an older one.  The OS does not like it and give you trouble. Unfortunately Sun's installation program for JRE 1.3.1 did not warn of the impending overwrite.

This issue is discussed in the Frequently Asked Question board in this forum. The specific thread is as follow:

http://www.tri-plc.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=297
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:44:24 PM »
Once you have installed JRE 1.4.2 by following the instruction in the FAQ forum, you may also want to upgrade your TRiLOGI software as the JRE 1.4.2 introduced some problem to older TRilOGI program and an updated TRiLOGI (now version 5.32) will fix those problem caused by the new JRE. To upgrade your program, just click on the "Help" menu on TRiLOGI and select "Upgrade" and follow from there.

RobertK

• I Know Nothing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 01:54:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  ;D

Actually the computer automatically upgrades Java release versions and mine is currently 1.5.0.

Would that be the cause of the problem?  Should I go back to JRE 1.4.2?

Oops - I solved the problem.  Because of the Java update, I needed to reinstall the software.  Everythings working well. ::)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 07:58:15 PM by RobertK »
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 11:41:22 PM »
When our users started using JRE 1.4.2 instead of 1.3.1 when the original TRiLOGI was developed, we did not spot the problem until our users started to report to us some of the problems they encountered. Hence we had to release the newer version of TRiLOGI to resolve the problem caused by new JRE.  

We have not tested JRE 1.5.0 so we are not sure if there is other compatibility issue.  For the moment we recommend the users stick to JRE 1.4.2 instead of upgrading to 1.5.0. However, now that you have upgraded the JRE you may want to  continue to use with JRE 1.5.0 and if you see any abnormaly please let us know.

RobertK

• I Know Nothing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 04:51:34 PM »
Thanks for your help.  I sure will notify you if I find any anomalies