Author Topic: Master-slave DACs  (Read 27625 times)

Sonny

Re:Master-slave DACs
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 07:09:36 AM »
To connect to the PLC there are two means:

1) Connect the PLC to a PC running TLServer or connect it to an Xserver.  I assume either the PC or the XServer would be accessible via the Internet. If you use a router for your network then you have to configure the network such that the TLServer or XServer can be accessed from the public internet address (usually by means of "Port Forwarding" method). You now can use your home computer's TRiLOGI software to access the PLC via the Internet.

2)  Connect the PLC to a MODEM and use your home PC's modem to connect to the PLC. In this case, Both TRiLOGI and TLServer should be running on your home computer. TLServer is the one that will dial the PC's modem to connect to the remote modem.

If I give the PLC to our client, how can we update the program from our office?  Would they have to have a copy of Trilogi themselves?  And if they do have TLServer running on their computer, all I need then is their IP, right?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 11:08:50 AM »
They will need to have a copy of the TRILOGI software in order to run the TLServer. Once the TLServer is running on their computer and if the PC has direct link to the internet then you can use TRiLOGI to remotely program the PLC via the TLServer.

However, if the PC running TLServer is behind a corporate firewall /NAT router then the network administrator would have to configure that PC to allow it to be accessible via the Internet before you can do that. There are some description of this issue in the TLServer help pages.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Sonny

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 05:45:31 AM »
They will need to have a copy of the TRILOGI software in order to run the TLServer. Once the TLServer is running on their computer and if the PC has direct link to the internet then you can use TRiLOGI to remotely program the PLC via the TLServer.

However, if the PC running TLServer is behind a corporate firewall /NAT router then the network administrator would have to configure that PC to allow it to be accessible via the Internet before you can do that. There are some description of this issue in the TLServer help pages.

Thanks.  One last thing about this, if I'm trying to access a PLC at a non-firewall location where they have TLServer running, then I just start up TLServer on my computer and type in their IP address, right?  Or, when I click on "Program Transfer to PLC", do I put in their IP address there?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 09:08:25 AM »
Thanks.  One last thing about this, if I'm trying to access a PLC at a non-firewall location where they have TLServer running, then I just start up TLServer on my computer and type in their IP address, right?  Or, when I click on "Program Transfer to PLC", do I put in their IP address there?

You don't need to start up your own TLServer at all. You just need TRiLOGI running on your PC and when you attempt to do any program transfer or online monitoring, the login screen will appear and you just need to type in the IP address of the REMOTE TLServer and the username and password configured in the REMOTE TLServer.

Sonny

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 12:28:38 PM »
Does anyone know of a way that I can control multiple valves with the same analog output or PWM output?  This would involve multiplexing, and I have digital outputs that could be used.  I can't think of the circuitry.

Thanks

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 12:55:16 PM »
It depends on whether the valve that are not in use will be completely OFF?  If so, then you can use external relays (electromagnetic type) and you can use your digital output to selectively turn on the contact of each relay. The PWM output is sent to the common contact and the other side of the contact is connected to the valve that you wish to apply proportional voltage.