Author Topic: Omron Host Link communication with Tri-PLC  (Read 5205 times)

improtec

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Omron Host Link communication with Tri-PLC
« on: June 15, 2022, 01:08:24 PM »
Hi, I want to ask you about Protocol Omron Host Link of Tri-PLC, Tri-PLC  can communicate by Host Link with just old models of Omron, like C20H, C28H C40H using NETCMD$ command. Nowdays Omron name its Host Link Protocol like "C-mode commands" and it is not compatible with Tri-PLC is it not?

I can response the question myself. I was wrong, I could communicate one Tri-PLC with one Omron CP1H Y20dt-d by RS-485 and using the C-command RR by NETCMD$. Tri-PLC are the best!

Best regards,

John
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 07:33:16 PM by improtec »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Omron Host Link communication with Tri-PLC
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 09:34:27 AM »
Thank you very much for letting us know that you are able to communicate with Omron PLC using the NETCMD$.

I assume that the "C-mode commands" protocol format must be backward compatible with its original "Host Link Command" protocol. So it is good to learn that TRi PLCs are still able to talk to these newer generation of Omron PLCs. As long as you get a list of the C-mode commands from Omron manual you should able to read/write to registers that are only available to newer generation of Omron.

Note that the new MQTT capable, WiFi/RS485 Wx100 PLCs also support the NETCMD$ command via its RS485 or TCPIP communication channel.  So you can use the Wx100 as a very low cost controller to serve the Omron PLCs. E.g you can use the Wx100 to read data from Omron PLC via RS485 and then publish the data to MQTT via WiFi when certain conditions are met (e.g temperature exceeds certain threshold) . It opens up a lot of possibility to perform very sophisticated industrial IoT functions.

Since Wx100 can also act as a Modbus RTU (RS485) master or as a Modbus TCP client it can interact with a mix of factory equipment that uses Omron and any Modbus compatible controllers to provide IoT service without the need to re-engineer older equipment that contain controllers which are not capable of doing IIoT.

For more info, please visit:  https://triplc.com/wx100.htm

« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 09:45:41 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS