Author Topic: Lost Communication  (Read 6781 times)

philipjoseph

• View Profile
Lost Communication
« on: July 03, 2002, 11:34:35 AM »
I'm using a computer with Windows NT and every time that I connect with the PLC 00 and I use the monitoring funtion, It lost the communication. At the java console appear Socket has timed out. Also when I connect with ExcelLink, it begin to read the variables and then lost the communication and appear the same mesange at the ExcelLink status.How can I fix it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:07 PM by -1 »
Philip.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Lost Communication
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 03:51:09 PM »
Did you run the TLServer? TLServer must be running in order to use TRiLOGI for monitoring function or to use ExcelLink.  

First of all you need to establish that communication setup is OK in the TLServer by typing commands such as "IR*" in the command box and see if the PLC returns a response "IRnn*" where nn is the ID number. If not, check the comm port settings (e.g. COM1, COM2, baud rate, etc). When you can communication with the PLC you can then run the TRiLOGI software which will try to communicate with the TLServer. You will then need to supply the user name and password (there is a default usename: "samples" with no password) and then you should be able to communicate with the PLC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

philipjoseph

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 09:33:41 AM »
I still have the problem, I run the TLServer and it runs ok , I send the command IR* and it response IR00. Then I open the TL5 and when I Monitoring Online the PLC it show me the PLC running , but after a few time it show me Problem with the Connection. After that, I check the TLServer and it doesn't response.

PHILIP

I'm using a computer with Windows NT and every time that I connect with the PLC 00 and I use the monitoring funtion, It lost the communication. At the java console appear Socket has timed out. Also when I connect with ExcelLink, it begin to read the variables and then lost the communication and appear the same mesange at the ExcelLink status.How can I fix it?
Philip.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2002, 09:54:56 AM »
It could be one of the followings:

i) your comm port is having some hardware problem;
ii) your comm port driver is not compatible with your hardware; or
iii) the PLC comm port is not working properly.

The TLServer 1.0 is supplied with the comm port driver provided by Sun Microsystem Javax.comm and is supposed to work with most standard comm port hardware in Wintel PCs.

You may want to try to upgrade to the TLServer 2.0 which uses a 3rd party comm port driver. We found it to work better than the standard javax.comm driver. Please follow instructions in the "upgrade.htm" document in your CD ROM to obtain upgrade via the Internet. If this still does not solve your problem then either your comm port hardware is faulty or the PLC comm port is faulty. Try using a different PC and if the problem persist, then send your PLC back to us for a checkup or repair/replacement.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS