Author Topic: Internet Connection  (Read 6294 times)

P3000

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Internet Connection
« on: July 05, 2002, 02:39:40 PM »
I've been trying to connect to a plc located at the plant from my home but I could't.

I opened  the TLServer in my computer. Opened TL5. Controller-Connect to Server. When appear the   SERVER USERNAME I put the Plant's IP address, the user name, and Password. But, I could connect to the plant's PLC.
Also, I've been trying selecting the Proxy option but nothing happened.

What can I do?
Please explain to me step by step.
Thanks
Philip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Internet Connection
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2002, 05:54:25 PM »
How is your plant computer connected to the internet? Is it via the corporate LAN? If so, then you need to ask your system administrator to set up your PC that runs the TLServer as a "virtual server". If you use the default port "9080" your sysadmin can forward TCP/IP package that is destined for port 9080 to this PC.

When you try to access the TLServer from the Internet, you will need to input the your company's ISP assigned IP address, not the IP address shown on the TLServer. Your firewall will then map the message coming into the corporate IP address and send them to the PC setup to handle such messages.

When operating behind a coporate LAN, you definitely need your system administrator's blessing to enable your PC to be reached from open internet. Do read TRiLOGI help file for details regarding this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS