Author Topic: XServer hardware with vb6.0  (Read 6763 times)

Jane

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
XServer hardware with vb6.0
« on: October 16, 2007, 12:46:42 AM »
Hello Support Guys,

Can I know how can we interface the XServer hardware with VB6.0. Can I use the winsock control that come together with VB 6.0 ?
Show me the sample code or manual with VB 6.0 that the XServer hardware with VB6.0.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 01:09:59 AM by Lim Jeong Ran »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:XServer hardware with vb6.0
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:27:45 AM »
We only support Java applet or application connection to the XServer.  XServer uses proprietary encryption for username/password login and is not compatible with standard VB6 connection.

However, if you use the XServer without using the username and password then you can use your VB.NET controls to do a socket connection to XServer and then send hostlink commands to it.

You can try to communicate with the XServer using Telnet as follow (our XServer is at 192.168.100.101) :

c:\> telnet 192.168.100.101:9080

A Telnet session will start

Then enter the following text (or cut and paste since you probably can't see the echo):

GET /TLcomm

press <Enter> 3 times, then the word OK-1 will appear. Now you can send any host link command such as "IR*" or "@01WO00AA00*" and there will be a response from the PLC.

To quit from XServer, send the command "Quit" and the session will end.

Once you have gone through the telnet session, you will know how to write your Visual Basic program to communicate with the PLC via XServer.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS