Author Topic: Programme size  (Read 5069 times)

george.s

Programme size
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:04:53 PM »
i am programming Tri-PLC since 3 years. Now my problem is my program size is exeed more than 6016 words. which is not allow Tri-plc . How can i increase tri-plc Program memory.
'User Eprom Data memory 1700 words' and 'user ram memory 4000 words', These memory can help me any how ? pls. tell me a solution.    

george.s

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Programme size
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »
If you program display a lot of repetitive strings on LCD with slight different wordings at different part of the program, you can assign the common part of the string to a string variable, and then combine the string variable with the specific text that are different at different part of the program to display a combined longer string. This way you can save quite a lot of memory.

If your PLC is with firmware r47 and above, you can also purchase an M2018P extended EEPROM module for $20. This increases the program EEPROM memory to 8190 words and data EEPROM to 7700 words.

The firmware revision can be found by the "Controller->Get PLC Hardware Info" command on the TRiLOGI software. For firmware revision r49, it will show up as "T100MD+r49".

« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:36:54 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS