Poll

What am I missing here?

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Problem loading software  (Read 5717 times)

jonfern

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Problem loading software
« on: February 21, 2006, 10:47:06 AM »
When trying to open the program through windows it needs a program affiliated with the .jar file.
When trying to open the program through java I get the following error: "Trying to upload an illegal jar archive. Make sure the archive file contains the descriptor file ejb-jar.xml."

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Problem loading software
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 12:01:57 PM »
Did you install the JRE? When you go to the TRiLOGIEdu folder there is a link to download the Java JRE 1.4.2 from Javasoft website. The jar file needs the JRE to be installed in the PC before it can run.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

jonfern

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 02:46:01 PM »
Yes I installed the Java software first. When trying to open the .jar file I get the warning:
Trying to upload an illegal jar archive. Make sure the archive file contains the descriptor file ejb-jar.xml.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 09:29:57 PM »
What you described "Trying to upload an illegal jar archive. Make sure the archive file contains the descriptor file ejb-jar.xml." did not make much sense to us since we have never seen such error message on a normal installation.

What is your operating system? Is it Windows? What program are you using to "open the .jar file"? It is supposed to be executable if JRE is installed and you only need to double-click on the jar file. Or you can double click on the .bat file to start the TRiLOGI software.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS