Author Topic: Unable to complete circuit  (Read 6069 times)

cdenk

• View Profile
Unable to complete circuit
« on: January 18, 2006, 07:57:29 AM »
I have a relay contact followed by 2 parallel relay contacts that I would like to complete the circuit with either a relay coil, output, or CusFn. With the top parallel contact highlighted and the green box at the right  end, and trying to select 7 or 9 (or the menu boxes) nothing happens. The shift key does shift the green box eft or right of the top parallel contact.  Previously I had to erase the whole circuit and start over. Looking at the *.TL5 file with notepad, doesn't look like any strange characters in the area of the subject items. :)

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Unable to complete circuit
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 08:16:30 AM »
You can't create a parallel branch that contains contacts and ends with a coil. You can only parallel connect two or more coils only (no contacts in the branch).

You can achieve the same result of parallel branches using the [ILock] and [ILoff] function. Please see your ladder language reference for details.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 08:36:55 AM »
Thanks for the quick relpy. Maybe I mistated, the first, and following 2 parallels are contacts of a coil, all three created with "1" contacts and selecting previous relay coils for the actuator.
     R        R
--!!-----!! -------??
        !     R   !
         --!!---

Had this before working, went to change the the dCUSF to CusFn, deleted that one thing and was unable to insert the change. Also deleted every thing on rung (not delete circuit) and got to same point. :)

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 11:05:34 AM »
You will have to put the cursor at the junction before insersion of the coil in order to connect a coil to the junction. With the parallel element at the upper rung highlighted, just press the right arrow key once to move the cursor to the right junction so that you can insert the coil or CF.

On newer trilogi version 5.32 or 5.33 you can put the cursor at the junction by double-clicking at the junction.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS