Author Topic: Trilogi defaults - wish list  (Read 7782 times)

cdenk

• View Profile
Trilogi defaults - wish list
« on: January 18, 2006, 07:16:34 AM »
With Trilogi 5.33, is there a way (like edit a config file), or can it be put on the wish list:
1: File>Open: Either remember last folder, or set default to a particular folder.
2: File>Print: Printer remembers last printing from Trilogi "options" like Fast Draft printing. Other windows applications do this.
3: File>Print>Ladder Circuits: Remember set default to 80 columns

:)

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Trilogi defaults - wish list
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 08:12:40 AM »
1) If you open the last file (just above the "Exit" on "File" menu) then the folder is set to that file's location.

2) Java program passes the print control completely to Windows once you decide to start printing. The chosen printing options that are related to the printer are not passed back to the Java program so it will be difficult to find a way to memorize those options or to pass these options back to Windows the next time you print. But we will wish-list this to see if there is a solution.

3) Do you mean the default width (10)? Where does the 80 columns number come from?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 08:13:08 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 08:52:27 AM »
Yes, it's the 10 number for print width, but trying it this morning the print is fine. The other day, with the default 10, the print was coming out larger scale, about 2 or 3 times, and width of paper was exceeded considerably, and tha was after numerour shutdowns, etc., but print with other applications was OK.  I had to set the print width to 80 (normal max. columns on printer).I replaced a hard drive that was going bad yesterday, and there were other random errors in Windows popping up. Now have a fresh start on everything, and seems better. Sorry about that.

Thanks for everything!

Joel Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 11:04:17 AM »
I was about to make a new thread about a bug in version 5.33 of Trilogi but it seems to be related to one of cdenk's complaints here.

Regarding (1), it seems this is something that was broken in 5.33.  The previous version would always remember the last folder used without requiring you to open the project appearing on the recently opened list.

A minor bug but I thought I'd just point out that it worked fine before.

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »
I guess we'll all be a little sheepish on this one. While going from WinXP desktop to open Trilogi, the little tag appeared with the opening folder. Go to the desktop Icon (and probably all other shortcuts) > properties, and delete the entry at "Start In", leaving it blank. Start Trilogi, open something in your favored folder, quit, and restart Trilogi, should be your favored folder. I think you could also enter your favored  folder instead of leaving the entry blank.

Probably the install software was changed. My Trilogi version is 5.3

Dogface

• Woof$
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 09:57:57 PM »
I tried removing the "Start In:" information.  NOT a good thing.  The program couldn't find the help files.

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 05:44:08 AM »
Same with me, no help, put "E:\Trilogi\TL5" back in and help is back. Sorry about the false alarm, back on the wish list.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 08:47:28 AM »
Thank you for the wish list. Will look into adding this feature to the next TRiLOGI release.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS