Author Topic: Which Starter Kit?  (Read 7276 times)

johnw

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Which Starter Kit?
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:42:07 AM »

Hi,

I would like to automate a few processes using pneumatic sliders.  Basically an event triggers slide out, slide returns and trigger a subsequent even that will restart the slide cycle.  

I run linux so I guess I will have to use the Xserver in the future.  However, just to start out should I get the E10 or do I need the T22H?  

Thanks,

John

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Which Starter Kit?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 12:38:38 PM »
It depends mainly on the number of inputs and outputs required for your process. E10 only has 6 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs.  Programming is limited to ladder logic (no TBASIC).

E10 and H-series are not compatible with XServer. Only T100MD+ and T100MX+ PLCs may be used with XServer. However, all PLCs can be programming using a Windows PC software called WinTRiLOGI (for E10 and H-series) and Internet TRiLOGI (for T100M-series).

You may want to download the evaluation version of WinTRiLOGI software first and write and simulate your program using the simulator. That is the best way of evaluating which PLC is suitable for you. If you can successfully simulate your program then your programming is almost 90% complete and only need the hardware for final testing.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

johnw

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 05:56:28 PM »
Thanks,

I'll give WinTRiLOGI a try, but I thought the E10 and maybe the H-Series can be controlled by the T1000-Series which in turn can be controlled by the XServer?

Also, what's the advantage of TBASIC over ladder logic?

Thanks again,

John

evanh

• y=A+B*(1-cos(2*Pi*x))
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 01:03:19 AM »
TBASIC is effectively controlled by the Ladder Logic.  So you basically have a bunch of BASIC subroutines that are called from the ladder and can call each other.

It's not an either/or situation, rather TBASIC is used to perform data processing when the right logic becomes true.  Eg:  Checking voltage levels on the ADCs, performing math and string handling, issuing motion commands, updating the LCD, managing slaved communication devices and plenty more.

Evan

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 11:43:18 AM »
Thanks,

I'll give WinTRiLOGI a try, but I thought the E10 and maybe the H-Series can be controlled by the T1000-Series which in turn can be controlled by the XServer?

Also, what's the advantage of TBASIC over ladder logic?

Thanks again,

John

E10 and H-series can be used as slave I/O board for a master T100M+ PLC, which in turns can connect to the Xserver. However, unless you have to control equipment far away from the PLC, it should be simpler just to use the T100MD+ PLC's built-in I/Os, which are expandable up to 96 in and 96 out (with a special instruction it can go to 128 in and 128 out).
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS