Author Topic: Input,Output,Relay etc DropDownMenus  (Read 5049 times)

WireNut

Input,Output,Relay etc DropDownMenus
« on: January 22, 2005, 07:33:41 AM »
I am having trouble with the drop down menus in the Trilogi PLC Programming software (5.3 for windows).  When I press F2 to enter a field or when I place an output or contact onto the ladder the first (or topmost) field entry is almost completely hidden behind the title bar of that menu.  While this is not terribly bad, it is annoying.  However, when I type in ladder comments, the entire first line of the entry window is also hidden.  

This did not occur when I first installed, and only occurred about 5 months after initial installation.  I have tried changing all kinds of Windows XP (home edition) folder and menu parameter with no luck.  I have not recently installed anything and I have tried installing the latest version of Trilogi (5.31).  I also tried reinstalling Java Environment.  No luck.  Can anyone out there assist me?

WireNut

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Input,Output,Relay etc DropDownMenus
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 01:37:50 AM »
Regarding your reported problem of the I/O table and comment editor being partially blocked by Windows border, we haven't experience this on the Windows XP since version 5.2 (it happens in earlier version when it was initially developed under Win98 but we have since fixed the problem and it should be OK under XP).

My guess is that it has something to do with the interaction between the Java JRE and Windows. Whenever our program wants to paint something on a window, it can only pass the request to JRE which then in turn passes the graphical request to Windows. Somewhere along the line someone is not behaving as expected so that could be the reason why you see such strange phenominon. If you could send us a snapshot of the window(use the Ctrl-PrtSc keys) that may help us visualize what you have seen and we will then send it to the software engineer to see if he has a clue. Please send to :

support@tri-plc.com

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS