Author Topic: Strange output  (Read 6634 times)

DAlgie

• Using PLC for aircraft controller
    • View Profile
Strange output
« on: July 28, 2004, 03:44:39 PM »
Hello, when using a T100MD-1616 PLC, I am trying to get it to output PWM to a small servo. I have followed the book letter by letter. I have the output as a sink, but never get any kind of output signal at all. It all runs ok in the simulation. I never see the LED on the board light up either. Anyone can tell me what my ladder rung should have on it that I'm missing? I use a slow clock signal to time it between another rung, and output with a custom function with the PWM statement in it.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Strange output
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 11:02:20 PM »
If you don't connect anything to the PLC output, and then execute a statement such as SETPWM 1,5000,5000, you should see the output #7 light up partially. Output 7 is PWM 1 and output #8 is PWM2.

Once you verify that the PWM output is working properly you can then proceed to connect it to your load and it should function as expected.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

DAlgie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 10:37:43 AM »
Output 7 is PWM 1?? Gee, that would explain why the LED on 7 was lighting up, I was connecting to channel 1!! Thanks, OK, I'll go try it now.... !!

DAlgie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 05:54:18 PM »
Yes, that worked, thanks. A question with the PWM, I need a 1 to 2 ms pulse, I have set the PWM at 62 Hz, and use a pulse between 90 to 160, what should the syntax be, do I need a zero in front, must it be four digits, etc.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 11:24:31 AM »
The PWM output only support 8 frequencies. One of them is 63 Hz so you can execute:

SETPWM 1, 5000,63

That should give you a square wave pulse output at about 63 Hz and 50% duty cycle.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS