Author Topic: Powerup and Communiation Failure  (Read 6097 times)

benb2000

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Powerup and Communiation Failure
« on: June 29, 2004, 09:27:14 AM »
I have a new unit ( un programmed , as received ), out of the box that when powered up, the Tthe CPU Status LED's remain un lit. I am unable to communicate to the unit.

This is the same with Dip switch 1-4 set : Pause Red LED should be lit after power on

Please advise as to any diagnostic procedures that I might be able to do

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Powerup and Communiation Failure
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 11:14:32 PM »
Is it a T100MD2424+ PLC? If so, you need to connect a 24V power to the MCR input terminal (the terminal between the 0V and Output 7) so that the output will receive power. This unique capability only aplies to T100MD2424+ which allows user to shut off most of the PLC outputs via external control (MCR input) without turning off power to the PLC.

However, not connecting the MCR input will not affect communication. If your PLC is not a T100MD2424+ and yet there is no status LED blink when power on, then please check the power supply to the PLC. Check if there is 24V across the power supply terminal. If you are powering it using 12V, make sure that the jumper J1 is put at the correct place.

If all else fail, then please contact sales@tri-plc.com to arrange for replacemnt unit to be shipped to you.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 11:18:16 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

benb2000

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re:Powerup and Communiation Failure
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 07:10:31 AM »
It was my mistake, I didnot put in the Jumper to enable operation at 12 Vdc.

It would be a good addition to include this jumper, not necessarily installed.

Thankyou for your assistance