Author Topic: Problem with Powering Down then back up again  (Read 6281 times)

benb2000

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Problem with Powering Down then back up again
« on: April 15, 2004, 03:46:27 PM »
I have been working with the T100MD-888+ for a month or so. Today I had a problem in that the system would not initialize properly with a fast blinking LCD display. If I Upload the code back into the PLC, the system works fine ( no errors in compiling or uploading ), removing the power, and then restoring the power brings up a rapidly flashing cursor on the LCD and part of the program, does not work ( inilizing the HSC[1] and [2] and setting the cursor for no blink. My first run is the initilizing custom function that contains

'SET PARAMETERS FOR HIGH SPEED COUNTERS 1 AND 2
PMON 1 ' SET ABILITY TO MEASURE FREQUENCY ON HSC1
SETSYSTEM 4,2 'set HSC2 encoder decoding to best for jitter
HSCDEF 2,2,2147483647' set upper number to 2^31 bits
setlcd 0,1, chr$(12) ' hide cursor

Do I have an EEprom problem?, I also have just installed ( 2 weeks ago ) the MX-RTC.

Everything was working well this after noon, then ...

Any suggestions, as far as a trouble shooting direction?

Your assistance is appreciated

benb2000

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re:Problem with Powering Down then back up again
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 07:29:56 AM »
In going over what I did yesterday, I remembered that my problem started just after switching the DIP Switch SW1-1 to ON. The ladder logic, discrete I/O works, the analogs in the Custom functions work, but the High speed counters connected to the encoder do not work, also the LCD is not initialized to a hidden cursor.

This morning, I moved the DIP Switch SW1-1 back to the OFF position, and surprise, surprise,  all the code works properly, as well as the High speed counters.

So it would appear that the MX-RTC is the problem. The part is marked as a DS1216-C  which is a Dallas Semiconductor Smart Watch Ram, with a MX-RTC sticker on the side. Is this the correct component?

I've removed the MX-RTC and have left the DIP Switch SW1-1 OFF

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 12:16:15 PM »
With DIP switch #1 turned ON the PLC will not reset the variables in the PLC when the MX-RTC is installed. So that may be the reason why you have a problem. My guess is that your program code may depend on initializing certain variable and if this is not done it could be giving you unexpected result. It may not be the MX-RTC problem. To verify this, simply transfer another program (e.g. the "Clock.pc5" program) into the PLC and with the DIP switch 1 set to ON and the MX-RTC installed and see if the same problem still occur.

If it is because of initialization problem then you have to modify your program to reset those variables that need to be cleared before the program will work as expected.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 12:18:02 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

benb2000

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 02:00:44 PM »
After looking at the code of CLOCK.pc5 I determined I had a wrong operator ( NC or Examine if Closed in stead of NO or Examine if Open)at the beggining of the Initialization Rung. I will change it and reinstall the MX-RTC

Thankyou for you enlightenment.