General > Frequently Asked Questions

can we send sms?

(1/3) > >>

NACCACHE Edward:
can we connect the super plc to a mobile phone to recive and send sms to control it's outputs  ???

support:
If your mobile phone can be connected to a PC HyperTerminal to send and receive text string as well as reponde to AT command then you can use the TBASIC language to talk to your mobile phone. Please check with your phone manufacturer's website to see if you are able to do that.

support:
We  are told by some customers that they had successfully used the Siemen GSM modem to send SMS messages. The process involved sending a string as follow:

PRINT #1 "AT+CMGS="+CHR$(34)+"+xxxxxxxxxxx"+CHR$(34)

xxxxxxxxxx is the phone number of the GSM cellphone.

It then waits for a response character from the GSM modem and then the PLC can send the SMS messages.

sea:
I have not tested this plc yet, but it is very important that the sms message is working.
Is it possible to get it work like the t-box?
Maybe the sms module must be in the x-server?
Actually I am new in this, and this was more a question than answere..

thysmj:
Hi I am new to the forum. I am the workshop manager for a water treatment company in ZA . I am currently trying to connect a Sony Erricson GM29 cell modem to a T100MD1616+ plc.I need to now how to configure the RS232 port (comm 1) on the plc to communicate with the modem using the AT commands.I need to monitor devices via sms feedback from the device.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version