General > Frequently Asked Questions

can we send sms?

<< < (2/3) > >>

FQ-ONG:

--- Quote from: support on March 26, 2003, 08:42:15 AM ---If your mobile phone can be connected to a PC HyperTerminal to send and receive text string as well as reponde to AT command then you can use the TBASIC language to talk to your mobile phone. Please check with your phone manufacturer's website to see if you are able to do that.

--- End quote ---

Hi Mr. Support,

Does you mean that phone connect to PLC via PC, then, how to use the TBASIC language to talk to my mobile phone? Which TBASIC language can use to get the sms message from mobile phone? Can you advise me in more detail?
If my phone can connect with PC by using "PC Suite" application, does it work also or not?

Thank You,

Regards,
 ???

FQ-ONG:
I will like my PLC to receive sms via mobile phone and depend on the new sms message to control the PLC relays / outputs. May I know the full image of this structure.

Thank You,

:)

FQ-ONG:
How to store the sms message in PLC???

???

william:

On http://europe.nokia.com/A4143107 is a document ' Send, Receive and Read SMS with Terminal Program and Nokia 6210 Phone '  which contains all the relevant commands for controlling a Nokia 6210 phone (and Siemens SMS modem) over a serial port. The 6210 is still available very cheaply on ebay. It is special in that it has a genuine serial port and cable available so ideal for Tri plcs. Have fun. William

ppz:
Hello,

just discovered the forum (and the products).
There is a way to send sms to a lot of cell providers : just send an e-mail to xxxxxxxxx@sms_gateway_provider.country

by example, if I want to send a sms to my cell phone in Montreal, Canada, with my bell account, I'll send an e-mail through my plc to :

514xxxxxxx@txt.bell.ca

more generic, for canada :

[10digitnumber]@txt.bell.ca (Bell and Solo)
[10digitnumber]@pcs.rogers.com
[10digitnumber]@fido.ca
[10digitnumber]@msg.telus.com
[10digitnumber]@vmobile.ca (Virgin Mobile)
[10digitnumber]@mobiletxt.ca (PC Mobile)
[10digitnumber]@msg.koodomobile.com
[10digitnumber]@sms.sasktel.com and [10digitnumber]@pcs.sasktelmobility.com
[10digitnumber]@text.mts.net (MTS Allstream Inc./ Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.)

do your own research for your country !

that's it !

Michel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version