Author Topic: Many questions  (Read 6385 times)

vomitives

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Many questions
« on: September 18, 2002, 02:42:58 AM »
Bought a T22H-npn and programmed it. transferred the ladder logic to the plc using winME command prompt window. Will that render erratic behaviour for the PLC? Tried troubleshooting the ladder but everything seems alright. The automation works alright but except for occasional glitch.
As for the sequencer in the program, what and how do you use it? for what sort of functions? can't i use normal ladder programming ways to achieve that of the sequencer?
What about relays and latching relay in the software? very confused about all the term as i'm new.
REgards
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Many questions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 07:39:32 PM »
Under most circumtances if the transfer is successful the PLC should function properly. When you do communication under windows there tends to be more communication error, but the built-in error detection take cares of it most of the time. However, it is not 100% fool proof that's why we advise you to start in pure DOS mode. (Even for WinMe, you can start into DOS mode using the startup disk).

Sequencer is very useful tokeep track of the "State" of a sequence of actions (heard of "State Machine"?). Think of your washing machine, at different part of the wash cycle different things are activated and a sequencer can be used to keep track of each step of the cycle very easily.  Sequencer need not proceed one step every fixed period. It can be triggered by events or timer or both. You can even use the [StepN] function to jump to another step asynchronously.  Implementing it in ladder logic can be pretty challenging.

Latch relay holds its state once activated and need to be cleared by the [CLEAR] function.  Internel relays are just memory bit used to remember an event. They are commonly called a flag.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

vomitives

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 05:03:53 AM »
so do u mean that once the ladder logic is uploaded into the plc memory, there is no mistake? there'll not be any noise uploaded together to make the plc mulfunction at times?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 08:12:43 AM »
If the program is properly uploaded into the PLC and seems to execute properly then it should be an indication that the uploading is successful. As long as you don't transfer program again the program will not be affected because of noise in the communication.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS