Author Topic: Loss of network connection and trilogi freezing  (Read 6231 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Loss of network connection and trilogi freezing
« on: October 29, 2002, 08:38:31 AM »
Hello,

I have been working on a project now for roughly a year using two 100md+'s in a master slave configuration.  When online monitoring or transferring a new program to the master plc I will frequently, (once every 7-10 times when transferring, and everytime when online monitoring if left long enough) encounter "loss of network connection" or the trilogi software will freeze.  I am connected to the master plc via the supplied DB9 cable.  My laptop is running Windows 2000.  Additionally it seems that sometimes the PLC has not recieved the last program update sent unless it is sent twice?  I sometimes must send new code to the plc 20 time a day debugging the program.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ken
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Loss of network connection and trilogi freezin
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 07:12:28 PM »
The TRILOGI program reports "Loss of network connection" only when it's socket connection with the TLServer has been dropped for whatever reason. I assume you are doing a localhost connection where both TLServer and TRiLOGI client are running on the Windows 2000 PC? ?Are you using local host IP address "127.0.0.1:9080" or your PC's static IP address? For local connection it is always better to use the "127.0.0.1:9080" which bypasses the network hardware.

We don't really hear similar experience being reported by other users. In our own test the on-line monitoring can run for days without any problem of dropped connection with the TLServer. ?Even if we shut down TLSever while on-line monitoring is going on TRiLOGI should just report that the server connecition is lost but should not freeze. Did you try with another PC? Sometime it could be the O/S configuration issue. Windows O/S are so complex that application software behave differently from 1 machine to another machine. ?

If you have any other questions you may call technical hotline 408-359-2008.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:10 PM by -1 »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS