Author Topic: Auto startup Trilogi >  (Read 6359 times)

cdenk

• View Profile
Auto startup Trilogi >
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:47:31 AM »
T100MD-r50, Trilogi 6.46 (will upgrade to latest before I get answers to this), windows 8. The PLC is connected to the PC with serial cable, and is the only PLC on the system.

Is there a way to put Trilogi in Startup > On-Line-Monitoring > View  automatically at PC startup?

The default LCD display has items for others to view without many key strokes. This doesn't justify the cost of Excellink, but If there is another way to request the few values from the PLC and display it, with a little outline of the method, I probably could implement it. :)

The application is to monitor a gas well pressure.

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Re:Auto startup Trilogi >
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »
CDENK,

If you are looking for a simple "front panel" that would run on PC start up, you might consider running an inexpensive SCADA program on the PC.   This type of program could communicate with the PLC over the serial cable using MODBUS and display PLC registers on the PLC.

I have used the DAQFactory software form azeotech.com for exactly this purpose.  If your needs are very simple they offer an $89 starter program.  The starter program allows you to sample 16 registers in the PLC.  The provides for graphical display of data (charts, graphs, analog meter displays ...).  

Just a thought...

Gary D.

cdenk

• View Profile
Re:Auto startup Trilogi >
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 04:04:56 PM »
Thanks for the reply. The variables of interest are stored in DM[]. What you are suggesting is one way, I would consider, except, it's not worth more than $20 in software at best. My main thinking was toward the "Run" line has arguments similar to a script that would open the right windows, and connect to the PLC. I haven't looked to see if I could send commands to the PLC, much like communicating with a modem with "AT...".

Oh, though at the moment, it's a Windows computer, it could in future be Ubuntu Linux or similar.