Author Topic: timer issue  (Read 5560 times)

woody

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
timer issue
« on: August 25, 2012, 10:52:35 PM »
due to hardware not behaving the same as software I've decided to do a recode. Originally my E10Relay ladder logic was fine. It behaves as I intended in simulation mode but when uploaded to PLC it fails. I have 2 states either start batch or end batch (simple batch control). It seemed to not want to enter the second state when I monitor the PLC but simulation it does.

So looking over my ladder, I had done a lot of things the hard way as I was getting use to the environment. I decided to solve the problem I will just re-write it. This has presented another problem to me;

THE PROBLEM:
I just wanted to make a 1 minute timer and use counters to calculate 1 hour, half hour, and 6 hours.

So I made a one minute timer(tmr1) and placed a normally closed contact infront of it which was off tmr1.

I then made the 3 counters all with an open contact(tmr1) in front of them.

When I run this in simulation mode the timer is reset by the NC(tmr1) befor the NO(tmr1) contacts are detected by the counters. What am I doing wrong?

woody

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:timer issue
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 11:36:28 PM »
I just stuck a relay in, and used a NC from the relay instead. Not sure if this is what anyone else would do...

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:timer issue
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:46:45 AM »
Please refer to i-TRiLOGI Programmer's Reference Appendix A1 (page A1-3) which explains the sequence that the timer contact is being updated. Once you understand how the timer contacts are being handled it should become clearer.

The Programmer's reference can be downloaded from:

http://www.tri-plc.com/documents/TL6ReferenceManual.pdf

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS