Author Topic: E10+Relay port assignments  (Read 5493 times)

woody

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
E10+Relay port assignments
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »
Hello all,

I just received my E10+Relay starter pack. Looks like quite a nice little PLC and I am impressed so far. Can't wait to get going with it.

I whacked the CD into my laptop and installed it and got to writing some ladder but had to shut it down as I was due to fly out to Thailand that night.

So I am in Thailand now, just with the ladder code environment and I find myself stuck on something very basic... very simple... and was hoping someone here could help me out.

The E+10 plus relay has a bunch of physical inputs as well as some physical relay outputs. As you probably already know there are internal IO/Relay/Timer/Counters that you can use. So in the I/O table where I define these things, how to I know which are the physical and which are the internal? I am presuming inputs #1-6 are the physical inputs? Same with the relays? Relays #1-4 are the physical relay outputs and any relay >4 would be an internal one?

Also the starter kit says it comes with 5 items,
I didn't see item #4
4)  Programming Manual x 1

Is this on the CD? I left it back in Perth, Australia so I cant check the CD at this point in time. If its a hard copy I didn't seem to get it. I will contact the sales guy regarding it but if someone here knows then that would help me too :)

I tell you what though, if anyone is thinking of heading to Phuket I have the best resort suggestion.. nothing beats learning by your private pool, I am in paradise!

Woody

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:E10+Relay port assignments
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:42:43 AM »
The first 6 inputs are physical inputs. The first four "outputs" are the digital outputs (i.e. the actual relays on the PLC). The "Relay" on the I/O tables are ALL internal relays.

The only manual that comes with E10-Relay+ Starter kit will be the E10-Relay installation guide (single folded sheet). The same can be downloaded from:

"http://www.tri-plc.com/documents/InstE10Rly+RS485.pdf"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:43:31 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

woody

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:E10+Relay port assignments
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:25:40 AM »
Thank you, that's all I needed to know :)

I had the first 4 relays as my physical relays but it is easy to change in my code. If I had the PLC in my hands I would just run it and test it.

I love the simulation mode in your software too. Very handy.

Thank you for a great product. I look forward to using them through out my career! Keep up the good work.

Woody.