Author Topic: PWM Servo Stuttering  (Read 5632 times)

pjuangph

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
PWM Servo Stuttering
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »
I'm seeing a lot of stuttering from the servo after I use a duty cycle between 5-10%. This should be the correct duty cycle for the servo.

The command I'm sending is setPWM 1,750,50 I'm not sure if this is expected or is there something wrong with my setup?

Any suggestions on what could be causing the stuttering?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:58:07 AM by pjuangph »

DAlgie

• Using PLC for aircraft controller
    • View Profile
Re:PWM Servo Stuttering
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
Paht (the OP) and I are working on this project together. Just to confirm what he is saying here, the servos are RC model type. They 'jitter', and seem to do this at a certain frequency, almost like a morse code type of signal to compare. This COULD be wiring interference, but to us it seems like something in the PLC code is doing it, yet this is a simple test program with little else in it.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »
Please refer to Chapter 11 section 11.4.1 of the Nano-10 User's Manual:

http://www.tri-plc.com/documents/Nano-10-UserManual.pdf

where we describe how to wire the PLC's PWM output to drive the RC servo as well as sample program codes.

The duty cycle should be between 5% and 10% or 95% to 90% depending on how you wire the output.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

DAlgie

• Using PLC for aircraft controller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »
Right now I believe this problem is interference from another circuit. There is a small amount of unshielded wire that I will change to shielded. Will reply back if we need more help with this. Thanks.