Author Topic: Non-volatile memory location  (Read 6724 times)

sid80555

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Non-volatile memory location
« on: July 05, 2011, 07:42:58 AM »
What are the non volatile memory locations on an FMD88-10? Do i have to use the SETSYSTEM 252, 0 command?How can i store a constant in a non-volatile memory location?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Non-volatile memory location
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 08:08:36 AM »
It depends on whether you have FRAM-RTC installed. If you have FRAM-RTC then you can use SAVE_EEP to save to any of the 11K words of FRAM space and you don't have to execute SETSYSTEM 252, 0. Also A to Z, A$ to Z$ and DM[] can be made non-volatile by turning on DIP switch #1.

If you don't have FRAM-RTC then you still can save some constant to the EEPROM using the SAVE_EEP but you need to execute SETSYSTEM 252, in order to permanently save the data to flash memory. A to Z, A$ to Z$ and DM[] in this case ARE VOLATILE and DIP switch #1 will have no effect. Please read Chapter 1 of the FMD User Manual for detailed explanation on this topic.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

sid80555

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Non-volatile memory location
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:21:55 AM »
I guess i do not have the FRAM-RTC installed. I save the constant in DM[] and run the SETSYSTEM 252, 0 in the last custom function.But the DM[] value is lost on power off, but during simulation is all right