Author Topic: Excellink Filenames  (Read 5763 times)

WSteed

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Excellink Filenames
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »
Hello, I am using a F2424 plc connected via ethernet to a computer running Excellink.  I have a Maple systems hmi connected via one of the com channels to enter data to the plc and start/stop tests

I am pulling data from the plc that is being monitored and saved via Excellink.  Is there a way that I can use a numeric input into a DM location as the file name for the excel file that excellink saves too.

what I would like to do is have the customer enter the work order number on the hmi, which is sent to the dm location on the plc, then have excellink save the excel file with this number.

Does that make sense?

thanks

Will
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:31:24 PM by WSteed »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Excellink Filenames
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »
There is no direct method in ExcelLink to implement what you want. However, you could setup the ExcelLink to retrieve this data that you want to use as file name and then run an Excel Macro program to automatically take this data and use as a file name that you want to save to. You will need to experiment it with Excel Macro programming to find a way to do it.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

WSteed

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:05:58 PM »
Thank you, is there any way in Excellink to save your setup parameters and transfer to another computer rather than having to reenter all of the information regarding memory locations and excel locations????

Thank you,

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:17:35 AM »
Yes, look for the "EXLCONFIG2.CFG" file in the ExcelLink installation folder and copy this file to another computer or folder.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS