Author Topic: 24Vdc uniterrupted power supply  (Read 5698 times)

sid80555

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
24Vdc uniterrupted power supply
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
Hello can you suggest me a power supply to get a 24vdc battery backed power supply (input from 230Vac).I want a pretty compact power supply(about 10 cm by 10 cm).Maybe i can get one made if you have the link of circuit diagrams from making such a battery backed power supply.Been trying to find this online but not happening.Thanks

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Re:24Vdc uniterrupted power supply
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »
You're size requirements will be difficult to meet.  

Do a google search for a Mean Well DR-UPS40.  This unit provides the charge controller functionallity.  You have to supply the back up batteries and and a 24VDC supply.  The DC supply must be sized to be able to run your system + another 2A to be used for battery charging.

The DR-UPS40 runs off the 24VDC supply, so it doesn't care if your local power is 230VAC.

It's a good starting point and at about $60 you can't go wrong.  You won't get too much custom built at this price.

Gary d

sid80555

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:24Vdc uniterrupted power supply
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 05:39:42 AM »
Thank you for the reply, but this supports only Lead acid batterys.which are bulky and heavy.What i need is something compact with the battery which can be installed in the same casing as the PLC.i was wondering if i could make a battery pack out of ni-cd batterys and charge this using some kind of a charger? I have tried looking for this online but have`nt got 2 much of help..