Author Topic: What happens if N.JS file is >16K?  (Read 5946 times)

Hermes

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
What happens if N.JS file is >16K?
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »
I modified the N.JS file to accommodate some additional remote I/O.  The comment at the top of the file says max file size is 16K.  My modified file slightly exceeded the maximum limit of 16K.  After I downloaded it using FileZilla to the Nano-10 PLC, I can no longer connect to the PLC via the Ethernet port.

I can connect to the Nano PLC using i-TRiLOGI software with the localhost 127.0.0.1:9080 and retrieve the parameters from the PLC via the RS485 port.

Using i-TRiLOGI , I can go to Controller, Ethernet and ADC Configuration and download and change my IP address information etc.

I can connect via the RS485 port and download the original i-Relay.PC6 file and on line monitor it with i-TRiLOGI, but I cannot connect to the Ethernet port.

I cannot get FileZilla to connect to the server so I can delete the N.JS file that is too big and load a smaller one.

When I connect the PLC to my router, it does not recognize the Nano-10 device.  I cannot ping the device from my laptop connected to the network.  

The Nano-10 has been connected to my network for several months now and it has been working fine until I tried to download this file.

Did downloading the large file do something to keep me from communicating with the PLC via the Ethernet port?  Can you suggest how I can connect to the Nano 10 to download a smaller version of N.JS and the 0.htm file, if necessary?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:What happens if N.JS file is >16K?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
Your oversize N.JS file may have overwritten into the system space reserved for storing system parameters. The PLC firmware is supposed to protect against FTP download of oversized file but unfortunately the earlier firmware version miscalculated the end of FTP space by 1 sector and therefore oversize file could still overwrite part of the system space. (This protection issue was fixed in later firmware revision).

Please email support@tri-plc.com for resolution. Please provide some purchase record that enable us to identify your purchase (e.g. invoice #, vendor and company or name of person who purchased it). Also please provide the MACID (found on the sticker on top of the Ethernet port and also at the bottom of the PCB) and PLC serial number.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS