Author Topic: E10-Relay connection Problems  (Read 5328 times)

at0m87

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
E10-Relay connection Problems
« on: August 13, 2010, 12:05:28 AM »
hi all, i am having problem with the E10 Relay. i could not upload my program into the chip. i will always get this error, "communication error" "No response from controller. Check COM port"

i have checked my com port, it is functioning properly, i could successfully upload a program to other boards using the same com port.

i suspect i have a faulty opto-232. need help to rectify this problem.

i am using winxp and my program has got 3 input 4 timers and 2 output which is within the design capacity for the E10 relay.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:09:48 AM by at0m87 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:E10-Relay connection Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »
You are using DOS TRiLOGI within Windows XP which will not work. None of the 32-bit Windows allows DOS program to take control of the serial port directly (which the DOS program must do).

If you must run the DOS TRiLOGI then you need a way to boot into pure DOS mode. It may be possible if you have a floppy drive  :P and copy the system file to the diskette, then boot the PC into DOS mode and run the DOS TRiLOGI from there.

If your E10-Relay PLC is not "+" version then it would not work with WinTRiLOGI that can run under newer versions of Windows from XP onwards. So you will need to find an older computer that runs pure DOS or Windows 98 which allow booting into pure DOS mode.

If you still have your DOS TriLOGI source file you could purchase a new E10-Relay+ PLC and run the same program. All the E10 with "+" can work with WinTRiLOGI program.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

at0m87

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »
thank you for your reply, how to identify if i have a "+' version? will it be written on the controller? what i see is just "E10-Relay".

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:58:14 AM »
Yes, the "+" is part of the CPU label. If you only see E10-Relay and without the "+" that means it is the old generation of PLC that are probably 7 or 8 years ago. The only way to program this PLC is to use an old DOS PC.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS