Author Topic: Stepper Motor Function  (Read 5609 times)

ccdubs

• View Profile
Stepper Motor Function
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:35:09 PM »
Hi all,

I would like to use a 888 plc to generate the following output to drive a speaker.

Ramp from 600 Hz to 1200 Hz in 10 seconds.
Remain at 1200 Hz for 10 seconds.
Ramp down to 600 Hz in 10 seconds.

I have been playing with the StepMove and StepSpeed functions and haven't been able to simulate this with values that I thought would work.

Is this possible with an 888 PLC. I would be happy with anything that would approximate this (starting and finishing at 0Hz would be acceptable).

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Stepper Motor Function
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 08:18:46 PM »
Stepper motor controller output is not really designed for such purpose. I can't guarantee that it will work but you can try the following:

1) STEPSPEED to define 600 pps in a single step

2) STEPMOVE to generate approximately 600Hz

3) using a 0.05s clock pulse to trigger a custom function and increase the output speed by 30 pps. You need a variable to keep  track of that. When the output speed reaches 1200Hz, stop incrementing the speed. 10 seconds later, reverse the above steps.

Unfortunately the maximum pps generated by the stepper controller in T100M+ is only a "wish" and not necessarily accurate. If you need to be able to generate the frequency accurately and you are currently residing in US or Canada, pls write to support@tri-plc.com to inquire about the availability of the F2424 PLC which can generate very accurate stepper output frequency and it should work for this application.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS