Author Topic: Dish Washer  (Read 7079 times)

lightbob

• Good Day!
    • View Profile
Dish Washer
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »
I'm a toronto maintenance man in a commercial building,

i have an old Hobart Dishwasher, the controller has been seriously damage and i cannot find part for it,  

there is a motor contactor, another contactor for the heating element, a water sensor,  and a water valve solenoid to control the water input and a magnetic door switch for security, and power on/off switch (this is also is time control cycle)

i want to replace this junk with new technology so that i can learn and play and experiment with your company controller.

the voltage is mostly 120 volt for all the sensors and coiled off the magnetic contactor.

what would we need as far as module to convert this from it's current state to the basic parts to handle this dishwasher?

thank you, lightbob

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Dish Washer
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 02:46:26 PM »
All our PLCs runs on low voltage digital inputs. Some of our PLC models have relay contacts which can support 120V AC output. If you only have 120V power source then I don't think we have the product for this application.

Unless it is for pure educational purposes, it probably won't be worthwhile trying to replace the controller of a domestic dish washer. If it is industrial grade dish washer then it may make sense.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

lightbob

• Good Day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 05:18:35 PM »
It is a commercial dishwasher, i tough you had power supply module? and basically i need few of those 120 relays for the coils of the contactors.

there is a water level sensor and a door magnetic switch the have to be conditional elements before turning the contactor on ( for the motor and for the heating element)

a start button and auto off

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 06:35:54 PM »
You could consider a T100MD888+ PLC with an expansion board EXP1616R which has 16 relay outputs. The PLC is powered by 24VDC so you need a DC 24V power supply. If most of the sensors are outputting just voltage-free dry contacts then it is possible to use them to turn on the PLC's DC input.

T100MD+ is very flexible and there are many options which allows you to add user interface such as LCD display or keypad to it, or connect to touch panel or even the Internet if you wish.

For more details, please visit:

http://www.tri-plc.com/t100md.htm

lightbob

• Good Day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:35:20 PM »
very nice thank you, do you think i could use an E10-Relay? since i have only few loads to control?

do you have 24 dc power supply? for this unit?

do we need a special cable if i use the starter kit?

this is getting exciting,

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »
You may be able to use the E10-Rly+ PLC if you don't require user interface or be able to input the different timings for the wash cycle manually.

You could download a free copy of the educational version of WinTRiLOGI software and try to write the program for E10-Relay+ and see if it will fit your application. If you find that you need more power than the E10 has then you can simply move to the more flexible i-TRiLOGI software and the same program that  you developed for your E10 can be opened up in i-TRiLOGI and you can expand its capability using the powerful Ladder+BASIC language that is only available on the T100MD+ and T100MX+ family of PLCs.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:14:38 AM by support »

lightbob

• Good Day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 06:44:52 AM »
we basically need two cycle to be timed one is to heating of  the water and the other one is to do the wash cycle, Mostly hot rince, no soap or chemical dispenser.

the water heating cycle may be alternating depending on the wash cycle. the wash cycle may last one or two minutes, and the wash cycle should be conditional to the door being close.

the warming of the water should be conditional if the water sensor detect water.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »
It didn't sound too complicated and if your wash cycle is either 1 or 2 minutes (two choices) then you can simply use an input to select which timing cycle to use. The E10-Relay+ PLC support 4 timers and 4 counters (which could be used like timers with the help of system clock pulse).

The E10-Relay+ PLC can be powered from AC24V so you need only a cheap (0.5A) 24VAC transformer to power it. It has rectified DC24V on board which can be used to turn on the PLC's input when closed by limit switches or voltage free contacts. But if have sensor that only output 120VAC then you may need to use that 120VAC output to turn on a relay with 120VAC coil and the contacts of the relays then become voltage-free contacts that can be used to turn ON/OFF the inputs to the PLCs.

blownforgood

• View Profile
    • www.blownforgood.com
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 12:32:13 AM »
Did you ever get this machine fixed?

Do you still need help with it?

BFG
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:34:25 AM by blownforgood »
Until Next time...