Author Topic: Connecting to M-7019R from ICP  (Read 7058 times)

willpower

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Connecting to M-7019R from ICP
« on: May 13, 2008, 08:19:41 PM »
Hello, I am having a trouble connecting to a new M-7019R from ICP using a T100MD888.  I have connected port 3 RS485 to the M-7019R, with another 888 plc on the same network, my Master plc is address 02, slave plc is 01, and M-7019R is address 00 as per factory setting.

My comm settings are 8 bit, 1 stop, 9600 baud and no parity.

I can communicate to the slave 888 via the network properly so I know my connecting is okay, I just can not seem to send out the initialization string to the M-7019.  I have tried all types of variations of initialization string as per the Trilogi samples and the ICP manual, but I just can't seem to get it to work.  When I check the serial buffer Z$ with online monitoring there is nothing there when I send the command to initialize.

The 3 components are only inches away from each other in the panel, I have used different ICP modules with my T100MD plc with good results, this one just does not seem to respond.

The difference with this model is that it will accept both DCON and Modbus protocol. Could you help me with the initialization string in Modbus format, as I do not have much experience using it??

Thanks for any help you can give.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Connecting to M-7019R from ICP
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 11:28:22 PM »
Are you planning to use the DCON or MODBUS protocol? If you are using Modbus RTU then both the slave PLC and the M-7019 must be accessed using RTU protocol.

Did you set the baud rate on the M-7019R to be the same as the PLC?

Does  the DCON software provided by ICP-DAS work well with M-7019R you have? That should be the first thing you test. Then make sure that it has been set to either DCON or MODBUS mode.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

willpower

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 06:19:59 AM »
I would like to use Dcon to communicate but if Modbus is easier I will go that route.  I have not set the baud rate on the M-7019R yet because I cant access it at all.  Nothing I try with the configuration commands seems to work at all.  I cant use the ICP configuration software because I do not have a RS235/RS485 com unit.

If I used Modbus, what would the command be to configure the unit???

Willpower

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:44:07 AM »
We haven't had much hands on experience with the M70xx MODBUS function as it is not one of those we stock. If I remember correctly you can only configure the M70xx using DCON mode, not MODBUS mode. You may like to contact ICPDAS engineer to help you with the configuration issue.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

willpower

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 09:45:26 AM »
I solved the problem myself.  My old laptop was giving me problems for some time, I got a new one and reloaded all the software and everything seems to work fine.