Author Topic: Window Vista  (Read 7536 times)

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Window Vista
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:50:40 AM »
anybody has any luck in using Vista with Tlserver?

Regards
Can

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Window Vista
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 01:09:03 PM »
The latest version of TRiLOGI version 6.13 will install the TLServer with Vista support. For earlier version users please go to the upgrade website (via TRiLOGI' Help -> Upgrade link) to download either the latest TRiLOGI or a patch for Vista if you don't want to upgrade your software.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 06:43:39 AM »
Hi, have tried installing 6.13 but the TL server will not appear. End up installing jre1.4.2 then no problem. I've another problem. Not sure why but my 1616 output 17 till 90 light up on my online monitoring and no extension 4040 can be used. Any idea which chip is having problem?

Regards
Can

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:39:11 AM »
What was the original JRE or Java version in your PC?

Now that you have installed the JRE 1.4.2, You should turn off the Java JRE automatic update features as each time java runs an update it create a new for the new version of JRE and tell the O/S that is the default JRE folder. The trouble is TLServer depends on a serial driver that is installed in the JRE folder during TRiLOGI installation and when Java updates itself the folder is changed the TLServer could not find the serial driver in the default folder and therefore it crashed and exited.

Did you mean the input #17 till #90 (not output) lights up on your online monitoring screen? If it is input that shows up as on it is most likely because the 74HCT165 (near to the expansion connector) could be partially damaged.  (when buying replacement part please purchase 74HCT165, not 74HC165).

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »
thanks. Will take note of the JRE. Will go and check out the chip too. Thanks for your response. You guys are great unlike those big name companies that need you to bring the whole PLC back to their service centre when there's a slight problem.

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
Hi. I've another question. How fast is the response time of the PLC? I have an application that need to control 2 output.

The whole process will be 0.5sec. Output B will be triggered by a proximity switch around 0.05 sec after Output A is triggered. Then another external signal will off both Output A and B at the end of around 0.5 sec.

Both Output will be pneumatic solenoid valve. Can it be done?

Thanks

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »
A M-series PLC has a fixed I/O scan time of about 2ms. Other than that the response time is very much dependent on the program scan time.  Most ladder logic element takes about 10 microsecond per word to execute. TBASIC function takes somewhat longer to execute and it vary from one function to another. If you don't execute those function that require CPU to wait for an event (e.g. NETCMD$) then the CPU execution time probably won't adversely affect your program.

However, if you need very precise time delay from one event to another (you mentioned 0.05s), you could use the DELAY(50) command to separate the time between the first output and second output. After  turning on output A, execute  a REFRESH command to update to the physical I/O, then DELAY(50) command will delay the PLC by 0.05s, then turn on Output B and execute REFRESH command again. This way the CPU will not be held up due to long scan time spent in some Custom Functions.