Author Topic: Wet our appetite!  (Read 5919 times)

plc_user

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Wet our appetite!
« on: March 11, 2007, 11:32:55 AM »
I think I have noticed a mention that TRI was coming out a new line of PLC.  If this is so, can you please be inclined to dazzle us with some new features that will be released in the new  model(s)?  

The reason, I ask this:  Your products are great, but  I/we would be happy to see what else would be added.  

Although your products are powerful, they are limited in certain areas;  HSC and ADC resolutions.  There are companies out there offering similiarly priced PLC's with a pinch better HSC and ADC qualities.

Thanks

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Wet our appetite!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 01:30:01 PM »
Thanks for the compliments. The beauty of T100MD+ PLCs is that besides its vast built-in capability, it has been around for almost 10 years and the PLC models have undergone many rounds of continuous firmware/hardware improvement and bug fixing. So by now this family of PLCs is an extremely stable platform and  is being used in tens of thousands of machines worldwide running 24/7. They are sufficiently robust to survive in most harsh industrial environment and all known system bugs have been fixed. We are therefore not in a hurry to push out new PLC model with only marginal improvement but without the proven track record of the T100MD+ PLCs. Any new PLC models we introduce will need to undergo many rounds of in house testing and selected user testing to eliminate any critical system problem before we release to the our OEM users.

Having said that, the plan for new PLC is to include 12-bit ADC, more PWM outputs, floating point arithmatic and built-in ethernet port. There are also other important additional capabilities which at the moment remain confidential. I heard that the development team have aborted an earlier design because it was deemed too expensive to produce so now they are back to the drawing board for a more cost effective design. The idea is to keep the cost low to our OEM users despite the additional capability so lower production cost is important. However, no production release dates have been planned yet.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:41:38 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

plc_user

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Wet our appetite!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »
I was hoping for a higher frequency range on the HSC.  Could you at least speculate as to whether the new release would be out within the next year or two?  I have a new project that I would like to use your products on, but I need the higher frequency on the HSC and more res on the ADC.  I can wait that amount of time, but after that its no longer an option.

Great products,

Thanks in advance.