Author Topic: Wish list and comments  (Read 23339 times)

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
Wish list and comments
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:19:58 PM »
I like the TRI PLC. I have been working with it for some time. I think it would be even better if the PC based code generation tools would support long varible names and equate them to the internal variable names (A-Z, DM[1-4000] It would
I would love floating poitn make managing program development much quicker. As it is you must keep notes ore spreadsheets to keep trak without  difficulties.

Pulling all douments togther into one manual with sections would be easier to use. The information is usually around in one of the (3-5) manuals or on line but it is not as good as a single document.

Floating point would be nice! Less fooling around to get where you need to go. Maybe a newer processor is needed here?

Thanks
In the trenches.

cch1955

• View Profile
Re:Wish list and comments
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 05:12:43 PM »
Here is a better looking version, tired fingers !
I like the TRI PLC. I have been working with it for some time. I think it would be even better if the PC based code generation tools would support long variable names and equate them to the internal variable names (A-Z, DM[1-4000] It would make managing program development much simpler for those who are not ?wizard? level programmers. As it is, you must keep notes or spreadsheets to keep track without difficulties.

Pulling all documents together into one manual with sections would be easier to use. The information is usually around in one of the (3-5) manuals or on line but it is not as good as a single document.

Floating point would be nice! Less fooling around to get where you need to go. Maybe a newer processor is needed here?

Thanks
In the trenches.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 10:30:23 PM »
Thank you for your feedback. Using long variable name may be nice, but the simple A to Z and DM[1] to DM[4000]  used on the T100MD+ PLC make it easy to monitor the content of all the variables involved at a glance. If we use long variable name then it would need a watch window to "watch" a few variables at a time like most high level language development system. I suppose each system probably has its merit. But thanks for the suggestions. Will send to the product development folks for consideration.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Joel Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 10:23:47 AM »
I like the idea of variable names, too.  Currently I have to maintain seperate documents to track which variables are being used in a program to ensure I don't reuse them.

You wouldn't necessarily have to change how variables are monitored I think.  If you make it so you specifically assign names to memory locations, probably adding another page the I/O tables, you could still have the monitoring interface simply show things as they are now.  As long as the variable name tables are easily accessible (maybe listed on the initial debugging screen) then it wouldn't be that hard to know which variables to look at in the other monitoring screens.

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »
Yes I think you have it!

It seems to me it could almost be handled as a complier issue with the source using the long names and the generated code using the current method. The code editor would just maintain the cross-reference list.

I think the complier could recognize either the traditional labels or the long variable labels to suit the user. "X encoder position"  as a label provides so much more information to the code writer than "DM [1234]".

I have been so pleased with the TRI-PLC to date, I really think this addition would further the concept of quick, accurate code development.

CHeers

Dogface

• Woof$
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »
Amen!  This is an extremely simple development environment as is, but having the logic editor map variable names would be soooo sweet.

The thought of being able to label a set of DM variables as an array.... talk about making things more simple.

Oh, while we're at it.  How a bout free programming?  j/k  You do enough of that in the forum.

Thanks,
Dogface

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 09:29:20 AM »
Thank you all forumers for the useful feedback and suggestions. We have sent your wish list to the software development team for consideration and may incorporate some of these suggestions in future TRiLOGI releases.

cch1955

• View Profile
Re:Wish list and comments Mouse Wheel
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
I previously had asked about mouse wheel scrolling in TRI-PLC programming software. It is very convenient to scroll up and down in the source code with the mouse wheel.

I have discovered a solution in a small software package that lets you assign the mouse wheel control by application. The website is http://www.ardamax.com/mwc/ it is free to try for 30 days $14.95 to buy.

The control needs to be set to  the Javaw.exe file in your Java directory. I allows you to define control action and assignment. I'm sure there are other programs to do this, but this one worked for me.

One less development task for TRI-PLC.

Cheers !

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 05:26:13 AM »
From TRiLOGI version 6.2x onwards mouse wheel scrolling are supported by the software without the need for additional emulator. Thank you for the suggestions and we have incorporated into our software development.

cch1955

• View Profile
Re:Wish list and comments mouse wheel
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 07:54:14 AM »
Great news. I think this will make a great product even better. I really appreciate the way TRi is always listening to those of us using the product and adding features that make the product better. I have recently quoted some new automation projects with your products and the new additions will make my job easier and take a few less hours.

Thanks again, nice work.
Chris