Author Topic: X-Server Problem  (Read 6049 times)

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
X-Server Problem
« on: June 17, 2006, 08:51:47 PM »
Hi All,

Any suggestion or conclusion why I can't detect my X-server via RS232, from TL Server, but if I'd used RJ45 via LAN with my DHCP server, I can detect the X-server but I cannot do anythings since the IP of the x-server is DHCP. What I want is to trigger the X-server and change the IP to Static.

thanks.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:X-Server Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 02:03:03 PM »
Your XServer should have its own XServer Configuration Utility. You need to use this program to tak to the XServer via RS232 and using the configuration cable (a null modem).

TLServer will not be able to talk to the XServer through the RS232 port. It is not designed to work that way.

Please read the XServer Installation Guide that comes with the XServer Setup CD. All the information on how to use the XServer are explained in details.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 02:04:38 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 05:59:51 PM »
Thank for quick reply.

Sorry for my mis-interpretation of the problem ::)

Actually I' used the xServerConfig utility via RS232 but its doesn't work.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »
Please check the serial port setup to make sure you have selected the correct serial port. Did you have the configuration cable (did you purchase the X-Cable set? If not, you need to make a null modem cable which is 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 and both ends are female DB9).

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 07:46:06 PM »
hi Support,

What do you mean by X-cable set?, I have DB9 cable included on the package but the 1 end is female and 1 end is male. I buy an adaptor to become both are female and I'd used it to connect but still not working - can't detect the x-server.

I'll read the "NOTE" on the manual and it say:  "Since the Server's RS232 port does not control the RTS pin, you can only use an "Auto-turnaround type" RS232 to RS485 converter for this purpose, such as the Auto485 converter in "Auto" Mode".  it refer to what?

thanks.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 08:05:07 PM »
You probably purchased the XServer without the X-Cable. In that case, you can make your own configuration cable. Get two female DB9 connector and connect the following pins:

2 - 3
   3 - 2
   5 - 5

After that, turn on DIP switch #1 on the XServer and turn on power to the XServer. You can then now use the XServer configuration utility software to configure the XServer.