Author Topic: Oops  (Read 7003 times)

k1w1

• I'm not a llama!
    • View Profile
Oops
« on: May 01, 2006, 02:35:25 AM »
Recently installed T100md888 in mercedes truck to interface a radio remote control with the electronic engine management system, was working fine until the owner disconnected to batteries with the plc still powered up, suspect some arcing took place as now plc doesn't work. Now for some reason  when I try communicate with the plc it ask's for a password and gives the id as  " BF " . As a password was not origionaly required, any ideas on how to by pass the password thing or do you think a new 888 is needed ?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Oops
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »
The PLC EEPROM is probably corrupted. Try going to TLServer and open up the Serial Port Setup, then check the PLC ID by typing:

IR*

If it responds IR01* the ID is still 01 or it could be something else. Anyway, you can then clear the PLC transfer protection password using the following:

@01$cKILL00*

(01 is the ID, replace with whatever new ID or change the ID to 01 first before using the above command).

The program will also be cleared (which shouldn't matter to you since it is corrupted anyway) and after that you should be able to transfer program to the PLC as usual.

If it doesn't work or same password request still shows up after trying the above command, then the EEPROM may be damaged and need replacement. You can contact sales@tri-plc.com to purchase replacement part.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

k1w1

• I'm not a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Oops
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 02:35:05 AM »
Thanks for help , Eprom found faulty , replaced with one from another damaged  board, all ok now owner informed of the error of his ways :)