Author Topic: Locating custom functions on ladder diagrams quickly  (Read 7378 times)

skj1402

• The Innovator!
    • View Profile
Locating custom functions on ladder diagrams quickly
« on: January 17, 2006, 07:40:07 AM »
Is there a quick way to locate numbered custom functions on a ladder diagram quickly?

Locating a Cf using F7 I do know how to do, but I wish to quickly go to a Cf on a ladder diagram, which is becoming increasingly difficult as my program becomes ever larger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Locating custom functions on ladder diagrams quickly
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:59:13 AM »
Try to press Ctrl-F key and select ladder logic label enter the label name of the custom function. If the function has no label, then prefix the function number wiht "Fn_#". That should speed up the search for the CF.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

skj1402

• The Innovator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »
I've tried what you suggest but it doesn't seem to work i.e. I've searched on the Cntrl F  'Find Ladder element'  facility using Fn_#76 as an example, where I know Cf#76 exists, and still nothing happens.  
I've also tried many variations on the theme but I still have had no luck.

Using the Cf label name works OK, but I believe searching using a Cf number would be far easier to do. Do you have any more ideas?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 07:08:31 AM »
Using the name "Fn_#76" only works if there is no label name defined for that custom function, then the program will assume the default label name "Fn_#76" for CF #76. If you have defined a label name for CF #76 then you have to seach using the label name.  If you find typing in the label name too troublesome, then press <F2> key when you are prompted to enter the label name to bring up the I/O table, scroll to Custom Function table and pick it up from there like picking from a menu.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 07:09:17 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 07:09:31 AM »
Haven't tried it, but Trilogi by default inserts a "_" (underscore) instead of a (spaceP character. But where you have the "#" pound sign is not the same search as "_#". :)