Author Topic: XServer with Trilogic5.3  (Read 6192 times)

shsumeet

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
XServer with Trilogic5.3
« on: April 02, 2005, 04:57:52 PM »
Hi
I recently purchased the PLC starter kit (1STK) and the X Server. I plugged the X Server to the PLC as explained. Everythign seems to be fine except that when I run my trilogic 5.3 in Online Monitoring mode, the communication ends after a random delay.

I get the following error

Please check the following
1.PLC ID =01 is connected to the server
2. Check that ID is correct

What could be wrong?

Sumeet

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:XServer with Trilogic5.3
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 07:22:18 PM »
Did you know the IP address of your XServer? Is the XServer connected to your LAN?

You need to put in the correct IP address of the XServer when TRiLOGI attempts to login to the XServer.  If you leave the IP address as 127.0.0.1:9080 and TLServer is running, then TRiLOGI is actually trying to connect to the PLC via the TLServer but the PLC is not connected to the TLServer, you therefore get a no-connection error.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

shsumeet

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 09:16:17 AM »
I put in the right IP address.. The Trilogi software does connect to X server innitially. However after some time it does not remain connected and gives the error.

There is no problem when using the default java applet -
http://172.25.25.3/xhmi1.htm

Sumeet

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 10:48:03 AM »
There are a few possibilities of losing network connection:

1) The PLC program writes to the serial port that is connected to the XServer. This could interfere with the XServer host link command/response sequence and cause an error condition.

2) Electrical noise entering the serial cable between the XServer and PLC which afffected some of the communication packets.

3) The PLC program has used lots of SAVE_EEP commands to write to EEPROM. This command turns off all interrupts to protect the integrity of the EEPROM during programming and hence communication can be lost if the PLC spend too much time writing to EEPROM.

3) The network issue. What kind of routers are you using? The XServer should work well on most routers and LAN but in the past we did receive a report that on certain network the XServer encounter problems but once the user change the router the problem disappear.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS