Author Topic: on-line monitoring response  (Read 6855 times)

dgm@magneforce.com

on-line monitoring response
« on: April 01, 2005, 07:58:47 AM »
I have a setio command programmed into a custom function.  TThe same function contains a SetLCD command.  The custom function is activated by a single NO input.  When I run it on the simulator it works fine.  When I transfer it to the PLC (T100MD-888) and use on-line monitoring to watch the response, the SetLCD command works fine but the setio command doesn't work.  I tried it on two different PLC boards with the same result.  I also tried it with the setbit command with the same result.  Any ideas?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:on-line monitoring response
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 01:00:40 PM »
Which I/O are you setting? If you set an "Input" then the input is only turned ON for 1 scan time and then the physical I/O scan cycle will update the input bit with the actual physical input status so you will never see an input being turned ON during online monitoring.

If you try to use SETIO to turn on an output that has been used for special purpose (such as stepper or PWM) then SETIO will not work.

Also your custom function must allow the ladder logic to continue to the end after the SETIO so that the physical I/O can be updated. Otherwise, the physical output will not be updated and you need to use REFRESH command to update the physical I/O.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS