Author Topic: UpLoading Program from 888  (Read 7720 times)

mmajor

UpLoading Program from 888
« on: March 20, 2005, 04:35:53 AM »
Due to a virus on my laptop, given to me free of course by my customer. I have a very serious problem. I am doing a project for Whirlpool Canada and because of the virus I have lost my program. It is still in the plc and I can see it using the dos version but I can't not retrieve it. I have about 3 weeks of programming in the plc and no time left to re-write it. My customer is very upset and it appears that I may lose the contract. I need some help really fast, I did notice that the dos version I have is looking for a file extension of .pc4 and my file is a .pc5.

Thanking you in advance
Michael major

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:UpLoading Program from 888
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 09:48:18 PM »
TRiLOGI version 5 does not offer you a way to upload program from the PLC in order to protect the intellectual property of the programmer and OEM manufacturers. It is therefore important to keep backup copies of your program or have some print out so that in case of total loss you can still reconstruct the program.

TRiLOGI version 4 offer some limited ability in retrieving part of the ladder logic from the PLC but not the content of the custom function. We will continue to help you in this respect via email.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS