Author Topic: Corrupt EEPROM  (Read 11233 times)

mhampson

• View Profile
    • XL Automation
Corrupt EEPROM
« on: February 04, 2005, 10:38:37 AM »
After a program download, one of my PLCs failed on a checksum error. I want to download the program again, but now when I try to download, I get a "Enter Prog. Transfer password" box and cannot get past it. From what I read, this was a feature of the old DOS versions and is no longer supported.

Is there a way around this? I just want to reset the PLC and start from scratch. I really don't want to have to find an old DOS machine and run an old version 4 just to reset the PLC.

Michael Hampson

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Corrupt EEPROM
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 09:36:22 PM »
Yes,  you need to go to the "Serial Port Setup" screen of TLServer to perform the actions:

First determine what is the ID on this PLC using the "IR*" command.

E.g. if it returns "IR01*" it means the PLC's ID is 01.

Next, enter the following command if the ID = 01:

"@01cKILL00*"

This will kill the password and erase the program in the PLC.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

mhampson

• View Profile
    • XL Automation
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 05:13:54 AM »
Thanks for the assistance.

I tried this, and get this response from the PLC after entering @01cKILL00*:

@01ER56*

There is no change in the PLC's response to an attempted download.

I'm hoping that you made a small typo in the command, otherwise I could just need a new EEPROM!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 01:43:34 PM »
Hi, sorry, it is my mistake . It should be:

"@01$cKILL00*"

Please try again.  

mhampson

• View Profile
    • XL Automation
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 05:41:35 PM »
That did the trick! You guys are great. Thanks for your help.

You know it sure would be nice to have a list of all of these commands that are not in the manual. I am in the midst of programming a LabVIEW serial driver for these guys and I's love to know if there are any further commands that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Michael Hampson

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 06:59:16 PM »
There aren't that many undocumented host link commands that are needed by normal users. Command such as the "$cKILL" was used by TRiLOGI version 4 due to its support of "access protection password" feature.  We decided not to carry this feature  to version 5 to avoid confusing novice user, who already have to deal with the TLServer password and the SETPASSWORD command.  But I guess in future we may add the password clearing feature to TLServer to address problem caused by corruption of EEPROM.

Newer T100MD+ firmware (r47 and above) supports several hostlink commands not available to earlier firmware version. The most significant additions are the "RXI", "RX$", "RA" and "WA" command which are not supported in earlier firmware version.

Please check the link:

http://www.tri-plc.com/MD-man.pdf

for the current version of T100MD+ User Manual in case your printed manual is not up-to-date and does not contain the abovementioned host link commands.

Note that since T100MD+ also support OMRON C20H protocol, you can use OMRON protocol to achieve multi-channel read and write in a single command. This is also detailed in the abovementioned user manual.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 07:02:32 PM by support »

mhampson

• View Profile
    • XL Automation
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 05:21:17 AM »
Thanks for your help! I appreciate the clarification on the host commands. It looks like eveything I need is in the manual.

Michael