Author Topic: Problem With T100MD2424  (Read 6555 times)

William Steed

Problem With T100MD2424
« on: October 29, 2003, 07:02:46 PM »
I am currently having a problem with a T100MD2424 PlC I bought for a project recently.  When I trip one of the inputs, all of the outputs begin flashing at a high frequency .  
This is not happening each time I trip the input, only every second or third time.   It also doesnt seem to matter which input I trip, as well, when I unhook the outputs completely, the output LED flashing continues.
I have also observed that the MCR ligh turns on when I apply 12 volts to load side of the outputs.  I have everything hooked up properly for a "sinking" output, I have also hooked up the MCR input to a toggle to be able to switch the outputs on/off  from the front panel.  When I toggle the switch and apply 12V to the MCR input post, I get no change in the system.

I am in the installation phase and within several days will be ready for completion and start up.  The 2424 PLC is currently installed to control the operation of a large composting processing plant.

I am using frequency hopping radio remote controls on the inputs.  I am also using relays to turn the PLC inputs from NPN to PNP.  As I was trying to trouble shoot the PLC, I unhooked all of the inputs and used a jumper to give me a high signal direct from ground.  The outputs continued to flash at a high frequency.

I thought the remote controls might be causing some interferece, so I removed them from the system.  I am also using relays on the outputs fire the hydraulic solenoid valves, I know I have these hooked up corrctly.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thank You
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Problem With T100MD2424
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 07:06:55 AM »
Your PLC may be faulty as the behavior is very unusual.  Please contact your supplier to get a replacement board.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS