Author Topic: PULSEWIDTH Measurement  (Read 5797 times)

Aaron Johnson

PULSEWIDTH Measurement
« on: December 02, 2004, 09:15:19 AM »
Hi,

I am trying to measure the on-time of a pulse using input 3.  I used PMON(1) intialization, and PULSEWIDTH(1) command function, moving the value to DM[1].   On the simulator, if I toggle input 3, the pulsewidth measurement does not write to DM[1].  I also tried writing to a 32-bit word without success.  I have not tried this with the actual PLC yet.

Does this command require a multiple pulses, or is it a limitation of the simulator?  
Pulsewidth should be from rising to falling edge of a single pulse, so if multiple pulses are required is the Tri-PLC averaging the pulsewidth over x number of pulses?

Thank-you for your help!
Aaron

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:PULSEWIDTH Measurement
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 04:57:33 PM »
The simulator does not support any of the interrupt based functions such as pulse measurement or interrupt. It is the limitation of the simulator. TRiLOGI is intended to be a generic programming tool for the PLC so we did not want to make it tie only to the specific I/O sharing structure of the T100MD+ PLC (where input 3,4,5,6 shares with the pulse measurement, HSC and interrupt pins).  If you download the code to the real PLC it should work.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS