Author Topic: Stepper Motors and Mitsubishi FXos  (Read 11996 times)

Sara

Stepper Motors and Mitsubishi FXos
« on: October 14, 2004, 06:15:38 AM »
Possible to emulate PLSR with PLSY & RAMP only?

As title, I am using a Mitsubishi Melsec FXos with FXGP/WIN-E software, and I would like it to control a stepper motor. Some of the later FX's have the PLSR funtion where you can choose your number of pulses, choose the top frequency, and choose the acceleration time. This gives you exactly the number of pulses you want, ramped up to the frequency you want, then sloped back down again.

The FXos only has PLSY - you can choose your pulse tally, and the speed, but you get no ramping. Has (or can) anyone come up with any good ideas to ramp up & down the pulses? I'll need to know exactly how many pulses I use in total, or my stepper will over- or under-shoot.

There are more limiting factors though  :-\ I can ony have one instance of PLSY in my ladder, it can only have one output (Y000), and I can't seem to reset the aux coil which latches ON when the instruction has finished.

Anyone?

Joel Moore

• View Profile
Re:Stepper Motors and Mitsubishi FXos
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 09:30:13 AM »
Maybe Triangle should consider renaming these forums. ;D  It comes up fifth on a Google search for "plc forum" which would explain how people arrive here with so many non-TriPLC questions.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Stepper Motors and Mitsubishi FXos
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 10:45:32 PM »
There is a General Discussion board for non TRi PLC questions. But sometime forum don't bother to check and they just want an answer from anyone.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS