Author Topic: Active Server Page Control  (Read 7962 times)

tkidder2

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Active Server Page Control
« on: January 25, 2004, 09:03:31 AM »
I was wondering if it would be possible to use the
serial com  VB example as an active X control in an Active server page running on IIS.  I was hoping to create a web page GUI contol that would talk to a T100MD+ through the server's serial port as in the Java applet examples.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Active Server Page Control
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 04:44:12 PM »
The VB example accesses the PLC directly via the serial port. It is not network based and hence cannot be converted into ASP page. Currently we only support Java based applet with a Java API library.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Joel Moore

• View Profile
Re: Active Server Page Control
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 12:02:02 PM »
Personally I don't see why this isn't possible.  I'm not sure what the above response means by "network based".

You would need to convert the example into an ActiveX server or wrap it in one.  Or you might even be able to rewrite the code directly as ASP script.

The .NET framework would probably make this fairly trivial.

EDIT:

I guess I may have been confused about what you are trying to do.  For some reason I thought there was a VB sample that came with the TRILOGi software or something.

If you are looking to interact with the PLC using a web page then you will need quite a bit more than the VB serial port sample.  You will have to implement the MODBUS protocol that the PLC supports.  You also might be able to purchase a third-party OPC server control that knows how to interface with MODBUS devices and can be called from an ASP page.  Still not simple, though.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:02 PM by -1 »