Author Topic: Display String  (Read 20349 times)

gibus

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Display String
« on: July 17, 2004, 03:20:46 AM »
Hi

I've been playing with the T100MD+ for sometime now and really enjoy using it. However, there are some problems I can not solve and would like to ask few questions:

1. I use VB to send host commands for writing integer and string variable to PLC,  now I want to display these setting on the LCD using TBasic. For example I use one input as increase button and another input as decrease button. By pressing increase, it will show numbers from 1 to 26 or from 26 to 1 depend on which button is pressed. At the same time A$ to Z$ should display the string content. I can use "RV$" command to show the string but I can not do it in TBasic. Do you have any similar command in TBasic?

2. Provide that I don't care about real time clock, can I connect battery to SRAM in order to save the content when the PLC is turn off?

3. Is it possible to upgrade the firmware to new version in order to use new commands?
Mine is version r44.

Gibus

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Display String
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 09:21:21 PM »
1) I think you know that you can display the string variables on the LCD display by using the "SETLCD" command. If I guess it correctly you want to be able to use an index to select the string to display? The new command $$[n] allows you to select A$ (n=1) to Z$ (n=26) depending on value of n.

$$[n] command is only supported on firmware with revision r44 and above.

2) Connecting battery alone to the SRAM will not work since if the CPU does not find the presence of an MX-RTC it will reset the data upon power on reset. The only way is to keep power to the PLC ON all the time by using say an unterrupted power supply (UPS).

3) The firmware unfortunately is not user' upgradable. You can however purchase a new CPU from us to upgrade your PLC to the latest firmware revision (r47 at the moment).
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

gibus

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 07:07:22 AM »
 Hi Support

I"ve got it worked now, many thanks for your help.
I also would like to know how many new TBasic commands you have so far, because in my TBasic manual, it does not have the command you mention.

gibus

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 09:16:21 PM »
Sign up to get the education version of trilogi program and you will receive an email to enter the webpage for downloading the educational trilogi (I know you don't need it since you have the production version already). You can then download the PDF version of Internet TRiLOGI reference manual (this one is for Windows). New command that are not supported on older firmware are mentioned in the manual.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS