Author Topic: Need a download utility  (Read 5926 times)

vijay

Need a download utility
« on: April 10, 2004, 05:59:03 AM »
I am very happy with your product. We use it as an OEM and I thing we use about 10 per month of the T100MD+ with expectations to increase.

One thing we would like is a DOWNLOAD utility that would enable our customers to download program updates from our website. Obviously we do not want them tohave the Wintirlogy program since then they could examine the code and made unauthorized changes.

I am sure other users need this feature.

- vijay

Tim C

• Help Help Help!
    • View Profile
Re:Need a download utility
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 11:15:08 AM »
Go to the home page and look for "View Protection" . This feature of the new version of Trilogy might be what you need.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 11:43:57 AM »
Thank you for your feedback. We will consider your suggestion for a download utility.

Meanwhile, you can consider the "View Protection" feature as suggested by Tim. This is more powerful than a simple download facility. It even allows your customer to add their own ladder or ladder+ BASIC logic to the protected core program without being able to view or alter your original code. Very often the end users of a standard machine need some I/O and logic to interface the standard machine to the existing process flow and they will ask for the ability to do the modification themselves. In such cases the OEM may have no choice but to ("reluctantly") give them the original source code to allow for user modification. The "View Protection" added to version 5.3x give this flexibility to the OEM without compromising their intellectual property protection!

The added advantage is that once the "View Protection" feature is enabled, the TRiLOGI .PC5 file will be encrypted using your own chosen password as the key so you can't examine content of the original file using a text editor.  

*Note: The encrypted .PC5 file cannot be opened by older TRiLOGI program so the end user has to purchase a copy of the latest TRiLOGI program (version 5.3 and above).

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Bill Sullvan

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 07:39:29 PM »
I agree with VJay --It would be helpful for people using your product as a component to have a simple utility for our customers to "load the program" without being able to look at the ladder. Just a simple load program.

Bill Sullivan