Author Topic: Jetter Pase-E, Sympas 5.20, PC, RS232  (Read 18193 times)

slewrate

• Any Home Automations/ele ctronics buffs out there?
    • View Profile
Jetter Pase-E, Sympas 5.20, PC, RS232
« on: October 02, 2002, 05:41:01 AM »
My 1st post!  Looking for help accessing Jetter Pase-E when connected to a PC.
This Jetter Pase-E  has a 9 pin DB connector as well as a 25 pin BD connector and a momentary switch on the CPU card assembly (gpc-CPU3 #3.85 and gpc-CPU3 #275 on a paper labile). The firmware is Version 4.02.  The 9 pin connector utilizes pins 2,3,4,5 only which are connected to an optocoupler I.C.  (TLP504A) This is not RS232.
However the 25 Pin connector pins 2,3,7 (only pins) are connected to a standard RS232 driver and receiver I.C.s namely MC1489 and MC1488.  At this moment the status when running [SPEcIAL and JETTER] menu offers:  Jetter,
telephone number, Interface=com1, Pase-E+ = off line, save environment =on, syntax check = on and free memory = 396K.  Note that Pase-E is not available in the SPEcIAL, Settings, Controller TyPE.  Only Pase-E+ (plus).  At this
point the Jetter PASE-E assembly is not in the machine, where it has no I/O cables attached to it.  Just a PC / RS232 and power!  Is this OK!

From my PC running Sympas 5.20 using the SPEcIAL TERMINAL menu and then depressing the momentary switch on the Pase-E CPU card, offers me a split video screen on the PC.  Then, as requested by the PASE-E to get access (I'm communicating RS232 here now) Depressing "P" offers me a variety of other
menus such as
(A) Automatic (RAM)
(R) Restart Automatic (EPROM)
(E) Edit Ram
(V) View EPROM
(C) Communication and Control
(S) Setup
--------->
There are submenus as well.  I'm guessing this is typical data destined for a LCD hand-held assembly (LCD17 maybe) or is this the way I have to program the unit?
Should I be running an earlier version of Sympas?  Do I need to change the setup in Communication and Control so that Sympas will recognized the unit? What data is stored in EEPROM and what data is in non-volatile (battery
supported) Memory. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I thank you in advance for your feedback.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Jetter Pase-E, Sympas 5.20, PC, RS232
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 12:00:44 PM »
Notes from the Moderator:

The product you mentioned is not a TRi's product. So I have to move it to the General Discussion session and see if anybody who has knowlege of this product could give you a reply.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS