Author Topic: Can't connect to TLServer with FileZilla  (Read 1959 times)

MadalinG

• View Profile
Can't connect to TLServer with FileZilla
« on: February 24, 2024, 12:37:30 PM »
Hello Guys,

I'm trying to connect via FileZilla to the TLServer in order to modify the webpage interface for Nano10.
I followed the steps from user manual but i get the following message

Error:   Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:   Could not connect to server
Status:   Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error:   Could not connect to server

I tried with 192.168.1.5 as in the user manual and also the ip addres from TLServer, but no result
I tried with windows firewall turned off as well from i searched from internet.

I am very new to PLCs and i follow all the documentation found on your website but now i'm really stuck here for a few days.

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect to TLServer with FileZilla
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 03:56:22 PM »
Getting FileZila to communicate with the TRI PLCs is a little tricky.  FTP is a protocol that dates back to 1971 before TCP/IP or the internet existed. The FTP support built in the the TRI Nano10 PLCs is very limited in what it can support.  You must configure FileZila very carefully to get it to work.

The two big issues is that the FMD PLC can only support a single FTP connection at a time. The FMD PLCs only work with text ASCII text files. The TRI PLCs do not use meaningful time stamps on the files.

OK. Your question talks about the "TLServer". The Nano10 has a builtin Ethernet support and builtin FTP support and does not require the TLServer application to function. If you are actually running TLServer on your PC you will fail.

If your Nano10 and PC are connected via Ethernet to a common network on the same sub net  then you should be good to go.

I have attached a .pdf to this reply that is screen shots of the current version running on a Windows 10 PC and communicating with a FMD series PLC. The Nano10 and the FMD PLCs behave identically when it comes to FTP.

Best of luck,

Gary Dickinson

MadalinG

• View Profile
Re: Can't connect to TLServer with FileZilla
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 04:54:47 AM »
Hello Gary,

Thank you. It worked just fine
The .pdf file was perfect.